List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword z-order assert
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-24 16:06:43

On Sunday 24 February 2002 09:20, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I get lots of these;
> ASSERT: "!m_framesInPage.isEmpty()" in \
> /home/zander/sources/kde/koffice/kword/kwtextframeset.cc (1220) kword (formatting): \
> KWTextFrameSet::internalToDocument 0,360 before any frame of 0x81d1270
> Can someone look?
>
> I just have a page with a table on it..

Ah, that's due to

void KWFrameSet::updateFrames()
{
    // hack: table cells are not handled here, since they're not in the doc's \
frameset list.  // ( so 'this' will never be found, and the whole method is useless )
    // TODO: hmm, well, store the "parent of this frameset", whether doc or frameset,
    // and look for the frameset list there. Hmm.
    if ( grpMgr )
        return;

Can you fix the code to use the table frameset (that's grpMgr, right ?)
at line 888 ?
Something like
if ( frameSet == this || ( grpMgr && frameSet == grpMgr ) )
(that's the pedantic version, actually frameSet can never be 0 so
the test for grpMgr isn't really needed).
Then you can remove the test above, and table cells will have a working
m_framesInPage array.

The TODO above was a general rambling about the design (tables still
don't fit very well in the overall frameset design, table cells are the only
framesets that aren't known in the main frameset list of the document,
hence those problems). Might be a good idea to introduce a cleaner
notion of "parent frameset / child frameset", independent from tables themselves,
probably (and using that concept for tables and table cells).

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops