List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kspread formula names
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-03 4:47:25

Does anybody see a problem with me changing all the KSpread function names to
lower case and then finding a way to make the formulas case insensative (so
existing files will still be fine)?  As of now it's confusing in the formula
list to have 2 alphabetical lists -- one for upper case and one for lower
case and I can see users (including myself) getting frustrated because I
typed SUM instead of sum and roundup instead of ROUNDUP.

How is internationalization handled with these formula names?

Also, I'm trying to think how to make the formula names case insensative.
What else besides the kspread formulas uses the koscript parsing code?  Would
it make sense to change the code in the lib/koscript directory to be case
insensative for formula names?

John