List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread formula names
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-04 9:29:44

Le Sunday 03 February 2002 05:47, John Dailey a écrit :
> Does anybody see a problem with me changing all the KSpread function names
> to lower case and then finding a way to make the formulas case insensative
> (so existing files will still be fine)?

Yes me !
No we must keep compatibility with old file.
A lot of people were created kspread file with specific kspread function name
(for example SUM) and if you change to lower they can read their files.

>  As of now it's confusing in the
> formula list to have 2 alphabetical lists -- one for upper case and one for
> lower case and I can see users (including myself) getting frustrated
> because I typed SUM instead of sum and roundup instead of ROUNDUP.
>
> How is internationalization handled with these formula names?
>
> Also, I'm trying to think how to make the formula names case insensative.
> What else besides the kspread formulas uses the koscript parsing code?
> Would it make sense to change the code in the lib/koscript directory to be
> case insensative for formula names?

It's a good idea to change koscript to make case insensative for formula name.
Werner worked on, but he didn't success...
I hope that you will success.

Regards.