List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice filter changes
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 9:54:50

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:18:35AM +0100, Werner Trobin wrote:

>    account that this is supposed to change in the near future,
>    when we switch to the unified storage model (OpenOffice stuff).
>    [Did we reach any consensus, yet? Thomas?]

Yes we did; quite a long time ago allready actually; but nobody had time to
write a nice overview of what we actually decided.
The file format is standardized; the meta-file (which documents are included
in the archive and of what type, plus comments and author info etc) has been
given a DTD and there has been a solution for the magic-number stuff so KDE
can determine the filetype even without extention.

The only thing nobody has worked on is the dtd for a common file format between
all WPs etc.