List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Calculating the size of headers/footers in KWord import filters
From:       "Clarence Dang" <CTRL_CD () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2001-12-23 9:17:29

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:27, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2001 12:18, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > E.g. For the Header, I can easily specify the 'left", "right" and "top"
> > attributes but how does the import filter know what the "bottom" will be
> > (maybe the user had a long header)?  Since the attribute is "#REQUIRED",
> > I don't know what to do :(
>
> Did you try setting a random value to it ? E.g. make the header 10 pixels
> high, and with a policy of "auto-resize", and KWord will recalculate the
> header size when opening the document.
>
> > The "bottom" of the Header would obviously affect the "top" of "Text
> > Frameset 1", just as the "top" of the Footer would obviously affect the
> > "bottom" of "Text Frameset 1".
>
> All of this is calculated together by KWord. I don't think you need to do
> it.

Thanks for the info.  It worked very nicely and I especially like the
"automagical" resizing :)

However, I think there may be a little bug with KWord (I'm basing my
comments
on the 1.1 code at the moment because I can't use the CVS properly until
January because of a - currently - limited internet connection so I may be
wrong about this):

It seems that if I depend on the auto-resize feature, "Text Frameset 1"
_has_
to be the first frameset in the file else KWord renders it incorrectly
(header
is hidden behind Text Frameset 1) and seems to cause flicker (see
attachment).
Moving "Text Frameset 1" back up to the top of the XML solves the problem.
But shouldn't the ordering of framesets not matter?

Thanks!
Clarence

P.S. I think there maybe something wrong with the attachment!  I'll have to
send it to you later, when I boot back into Linux :(