List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSWord's strange linespacing (was: KWord's strange linespacing)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-12-18 20:35:28

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:19:29PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I have one question about this email that I feel offensive. Is for you the
> developper of KWord's MSWrite import filter not a KOffice developper?
>
> If yes, then I can go away too. It is already bad that some changes in KWord
> were done in the past without even warning developpers of filters. But now,
> if we must hear that because we "only" do filters that we are not KOffice
> developpers, then... good bye!

Ehh, I missed something, _nowhere_ in the email is it ever said as you say above...

I am a bit dissapointed at your reply honestly; I do respect you and we see lots
of good commits from you; how ever did we give you a reason to not feel like a
koffice developer? And one person's email can change your mind like that?

I think he has a point but maybe Karl could have been a bit less obvious about
that, my first reply to the message was saying something along those lines;
but the playing with words might nog be a good idea on a multi-cutural ML...

ps. as your problem with changes in KWord; as a developer of the program I
think of the future of the application; the problems with filesize and lots
of other technical stuff. But be sure to remember that the filter writers
_will_ have been considered in these decisions. If a commit has been made
a long time before the next release I feel no need to immidiately inform the
filter writers as CVS HEAD is very well suited for experimenting.
btw; I liked how quickly you solved the problems back then!

Now; back to hacking! :)