List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: floating frames (in kword)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-05 21:27:00

On Lundi 5 Novembre 2001 22:14, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Can I let you change it that way and test it ? I don't know what you tested,
> > and it's a good way to get to know that KWTextFrameset API :)
> Hehe, I just reverted my changes to the constructor and fixed the paint using
> your pointers.
Great, thanks.

> After a good deal of debugging I found just two problems; first is that the
> paint method gets values for the clipping (cx and cy) that are sometimes
> negative, I doubt that is correct.

QRT uses a rect of (-1,-1,-1,-1) to specify "no clipping". Yeah, this sucks,
but that's the bits we shouldn't change. The following test in KWAnchor::draw
    if ( cx == -1 && cy+paragy == -1 && cw == -1 && ch == -1 )
aims to detect that case, and to set crect_lu correctly in that case.
However that was before the wysiwyg port, so maybe something in thattest breaks...
Although, cx, cy, cw, ch and paragy are all in layout units AFAICS, so this
should be correct.
What does the first kdDebug (the one in DEBUG_DRAWING) say about those
vars ? It prints enough info to detect if you're in that -1,-1,-1,-1 case.

> Second is that a floating picture in a floating table is not drawn.. No idea
> why, my first guess would be a z-ordering problem..

If you create the floating picture after the floating table, the z order should
be correct. My guess would be the clip rect which would be incorrect for some reason...
Hmm, could be anything else in the coordinate conversions done by ::draw().
I debugged this method a lot before the wysiwyg port, and now we have to start
all over again :}

David.