List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: floating frames (in kword)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-06 6:51:21

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:27:00PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Lundi 5 Novembre 2001 22:14, Thomas Zander wrote:
>
> > After a good deal of debugging I found just two problems; first is that the
> > paint method gets values for the clipping (cx and cy) that are sometimes
> > negative, I doubt that is correct.
>
> QRT uses a rect of (-1,-1,-1,-1) to specify "no clipping". Yeah, this sucks,
> but that's the bits we shouldn't change. The following test in KWAnchor::draw
>     if ( cx == -1 && cy+paragy == -1 && cw == -1 && ch == -1 )
> aims to detect that case, and to set crect_lu correctly in that case.
> However that was before the wysiwyg port, so maybe something in thattest breaks...
> Although, cx, cy, cw, ch and paragy are all in layout units AFAICS, so this
> should be correct.
> What does the first kdDebug (the one in DEBUG_DRAWING) say about those
> vars ? It prints enough info to detect if you're in that -1,-1,-1,-1 case.

No, it was not the -1,-1,-1,-1 case. While sleeping it over it looks like the
crect is translated to the normal coordinate system and a test is done if this
falls into any frames (why?), if it falls outside any frames the error message
I gave before is given.

I'll try to paint a box of the size of the clipping box as only thing done in the
paint, so I can determine if the clipping rect I get makes any sense.
But I won't do that until tonight.. (have some nice OO-database layer to write
at work today :)

> > Second is that a floating picture in a floating table is not drawn.. No idea
> > why, my first guess would be a z-ordering problem..
>
> If you create the floating picture after the floating table, the z order should
> be correct. My guess would be the clip rect which would be incorrect for some reason...
> Hmm, could be anything else in the coordinate conversions done by ::draw().
> I debugged this method a lot before the wysiwyg port, and now we have to start
> all over again :}

I'll think about that while debugging as I said above.
Thanx.