List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: floating frames (in kword)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-05 21:14:26

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 03:40:13PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Lundi 5 Novembre 2001 09:04, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > No problem ;)  I just needed a day to dig into the code, otherwise I would have
> > done this earlier.
>
> Hmm, btw, looking at the code...
>
> The m_containingFrameset variable wasn't necessary, you can get it using
> something like:
Oops, missed that. I looked at the source code, never thought I should have been
looking at the inharited kword version ;)

> Can I let you change it that way and test it ? I don't know what you tested,
> and it's a good way to get to know that KWTextFrameset API :)
Hehe, I just reverted my changes to the constructor and fixed the paint using
your pointers.

After a good deal of debugging I found just two problems; first is that the
paint method gets values for the clipping (cx and cy) that are sometimes
negative, I doubt that is correct.. This also creates a debug statement to be
printed: kword (formatting): KWTextFrameSet::internalToDocument 8402,-2137 before any frame of 0x8164ed8

Second is that a floating picture in a floating table is not drawn.. No idea
why, my first guess would be a z-ordering problem..

Anyway, no more time for hacking today :)