List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [BUG] KWord display text much too small
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-01 0:08:05

On Lundi 1 Octobre 2001 02:04, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I made some tests with Ctrl-Shift-V and discovered that there are two types
> of problems.
>
> The first problem that I had reported is due to a font size of -1. The
> document is loaded from loading an old file (syntaxVersion 1) that has no
> expicit <SIZE> tag, neither in <STYLE>, nor in <LAYOUT> nor in <FORMATS>.
> However, I think that this problem is more an error while loading the file
> than a real display error.

OK, that's the "QFont::pointSize() returns -1 when setting a pixelsize" issue,
which I already mentionned, and which needs a fix in KConfig or in KGlobalSettings.
I suggested a simple fix but Dirk mentionned a bigger cleanup needed...
I'm not too sure about what we should do here, so I'd be glad if Dirk or anyone
else with knowledge of this font size stuff, could provide some input ;-)

> The second problem (the one I have found this weekend) transforms Helvetica
> 12 for KWord in a (internal) font of size of 240.0.
>
> I have tested some test files of the directory kword/demos and all have this
> second problem. The internal font size is 20 times what the <SIZE> tag asked
> for.

That's perfectly normal, it's the WYSIWYG implementation.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/