List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: interested in helping
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 23:39:58

Hi Ralph,

We could really use some help on Microsoft filters:

- Werner is spearheding work on the next generation MSWord import/export
filters to be shared with wvWare (and hence AbiWord). I'm sure he would
welcome help

- The Excel filter was being hacked very part-time by Nikolas, and its a lot
easier to get into than the MSWord one. It could use some attention - e.g.
support for embedded documents.

- The Powerpoint filter is virtually non-existent...but you might think its
less important than the other

- The MS Office Drawing needs finishing, but there is considerable scope for
someone to replace the (several) WMF implementations with libwmf2. Since
libwmf2 is in active development and a lot of Word documents use them, this
would be really useful.

Thanks, Shaheed