List:       koffice
Subject:    interested in helping
From:       Ralph Castain <ralph () castain ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 21:41:15

Hi folks

I'm interested in helping develop/maintain koffice - would you have any use for me? I \
can write C, C++, and Java quite well.

I can help in any area you'd like to suggest. I've noted that the import/export \
filter area appears to be looking for help - I'd be happy to contribute there if \
that's the best place to start.

Please let me know.

Ralph Castain

PS. A little background is probably in order.

Education: PhD in physics, MS in solid state physics, and MS in electrical \
engineering - all from Purdue Univ. BS. from Harvey Mudd College

Work experience:
Current - VP of Advanced Energy, global maker of process control equipment for the \
semicon industry. Responsible for development of integrated system approach to \
providing real-time process control.

Prior - spent six years at Eaton Corporation, global component manufacturer across \
wide range of industries. Led e-biz effort there as well as identification of new \
product/market opportunities. Spent 11 years at Los Alamos National Lab, ending as \
Chief Scientist for Nonproliferation and Arms Control. Most of my research focused on \
artificial intelligence applications. Spent 7 years with Jet Propulsion Laboratory \
leading their network-based engineering collaboration system development and \
deployment.

I've got both Windows and Linux computers networked  in my home and office.