List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword frames
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-04 16:55:48

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 23:40, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2001 00:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Well, I believe this can best be 'fixed' by using ctrl-click to select
> > frames, even when not in frames-select mode.
> > ctrl-drag would then move the selected frames like alt-drag does for
> > kwin.
>
> Sounds very good to me, excellent idea.
> Then we can finally get rid of the corresponding menu items.

This works nice indeed.  How shoud/can I add a picture description under the
picture and how can the picture be numbered (e.g fig 1.2).

There was another thing, which was strange.

I made a screenshot, edited it with gimp.  Inserted (F7) it into kword.
It didn't look nice so I decided to edit (make it smaller) the previously
inserted picture and inserted it again in kword.  However, the initial
picture (bigger one) was inserted(!) and the one I edited, tho I know for
sure that the edited picture was selected (preview in file dialog, pixie,
etc).  After a copy of the picture to a new name and inserting that one, the
picture was okay.
-rw-r--r--   1 richard  users       15665 jun  4 18:14 desktoppager.jpg
-rw-r--r--   1 richard  users       15665 jun  4 18:30 desktoppagernew.jpg

It seems that kword keeps a buffer for pictures, is that possible?

Wat's the difference between a picture frame and an picture inline?

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless