List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword frames
From:       Krzysztof Kosz <krzyko () cl ! opoka ! org ! pl>
Date:       2001-05-31 7:52:36

David Faure wrote:
On Wednesday 30 May 2001 10:32, Krzysztof Kosz wrote:

> > - when editing, to move (resize) frame I need two clicks: one to select frame
> > border (and go to frame mode) and second to move (resize frame). Doing this
> > with one click would be easier and more convenient for the user.
>
> I knew this would come up :)
> Fixed, for moving. [which matches the cursor shape btw].
>
> Not done for resizing. The current code requires the resize handles to be present
> and to be dragged.... Since the initial click isn't on a resize handle this is hard
> to emulate. Anyway it might not be a good idea to do this, since the handles are
> not visible at the time of the click.
So, resizing code is my wish :)

> > - it should be possible to lock frame mode - moving frame not only by
> > it's borders will be helpful when doing DTP.
>
> Is this really necessary ? The mouse is already on a border....
> When selecting multiple frames I implemented some sort of locking
> (once a frame is selected, Ctrl or Shift + click selects other frames
> without exiting the mode).
Just saw the new code in CVS -> now compiling
In an hour I will see how it works.

> I guess you mean changing the way the menu items work, so that they actually
> lock the mode when being manually activated.... Hmm.
Yes, this is what I thought.

> > - when moving or resizing frames it would be nice to have tooltips telling me
> > the size of the frame in selected units.
>
> Wishes... :)
Registerig, (BTW: statusbar is much better than tooltips),
for resizing - it is size of the frame to be displayed ,
for moving it should be distance from left/top corner,
amd the size/distance should be displayed all the time.

regards,
Krzysztof Kosz