List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword frames
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 20:39:10

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 10:32, Krzysztof Kosz wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've just compiled recent cvs code with auto-switching between frame mode and
> edit text mode, and i think it's great improvement to kword. I like it very
> much.
:)

> I would like it much more with these features, bugfixes:
>
> - when editing, to move (resize) frame I need two clicks: one to select frame
> border (and go to frame mode) and second to move (resize frame). Doing this
> with one click would be easier and more convenient for the user.

I knew this would come up :)
Fixed, for moving. [which matches the cursor shape btw].

Not done for resizing. The current code requires the resize handles to be present
and to be dragged.... Since the initial click isn't on a resize handle this is hard
to emulate. Anyway it might not be a good idea to do this, since the handles are
not visible at the time of the click.

> - it should be possible to lock frame mode - moving frame not only by
> it's borders will be helpful when doing DTP.

Is this really necessary ? The mouse is already on a border....
When selecting multiple frames I implemented some sort of locking
(once a frame is selected, Ctrl or Shift + click selects other frames
without exiting the mode).
I guess you mean changing the way the menu items work, so that they actually
lock the mode when being manually activated.... Hmm.

> - when moving or resizing frames it would be nice to have tooltips telling me
> the size of the frame in selected units.

Wishes... :)