List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Possibly bug in handling files in Kword
From:       Chris Howells <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-05-30 18:45:51

David Faure wrote:

> That's rather a feature.....

Ah, I expected so :)

> Here again, improving this could be done (with some kind of "you used
> formatting on a plain text document, do you really want to save it as plain text"
> msg box) ... that would have to be a special case for plain text - we still want
> other file formats to be converted (especially those for which we have no export
> filter!).

Yes, it would be cool if we could have the dialog box instead -- it does
get slightly annoying having to specify where to save the file each
time.

My $HOME is dependent on a large number of directories and sub
directories for organisation,so it can take a while to find the correct
location otherwise.

I'll file a bug report as a wish item, if that's useful.

I think both MS Word and StarOffice handle it via the dialog box route.

Thanks :)

--
Cheers,

Chris Howells -- chris.h@gmx.co.uk