List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Hopeful suggestion for kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-04-25 12:59:50

> First KWord's file are tarred and gzipped but the most important problem is
> that the formating of the text is defined using character positions. So for
> every change of text you make, you have to adapt the formating information.
>
> And completely changing KWord's file format will not be done for long (if
> it will be done!), as the problems of KWord 0.8 have made lose many months
> of development. So it is not the time to break any important think like a
> file format now!

The way the markup is stored is correctly from an xml POV, the thing is that
in the file you want to seperate context (the text) from markup (things like
<b> etc).

This makes it possible to search better, to change formatting without touching
the content etc.

The file format is correct, I see no need to change it.