List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Hopeful suggestion for kword
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-04-25 10:43:21

1. KCite

Sorry, I have made an error. Reading the developer's message again, it
seems that the program is not out yet.

Message: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=koffice-devel&m=98808102823296&w=2

But perhaps you could contact the developer to encourage or to help him.

2. XSL

I do not think you can use XSL on KWord files correctly.

First KWord's file are tarred and gzipped but the most important problem is
that the formating of the text is defined using character positions. So for
every change of text you make, you have to adapt the formating information.

And completely changing KWord's file format will not be done for long (if
it will be done!), as the problems of KWord 0.8 have made lose many months
of development. So it is not the time to break any important think like a
file format now!

Have a nice day/evening/night!