List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Hopeful suggestion for kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-04-25 9:56:37

> Hello,
>
> I am a researcher at the University of Utah.  As such, I have the requirement
> of being able to write papers containing many citations and the attendant
> reference page(s).  In windoze or with a Mac, one can use Word plus EndNote
> in combo to easily produce such research papers.  EndNote (if you are not
> familiar with it) handles and organizes your bibliography databases and also
> integrates with Word (or even WordPerfect) so that the writer can easily add
> citations to a paper.  When ready to print out the final paper, EndNote
> generates the correct citation style (user selectable or one can create new
> styles) and properly formatted reference page(s) to go with it.  This is far
> better than having to do this by hand.

In KWord I do want to see some tags like this, but at the moment I don't see
how we can put this into KWord, it is still to beta for that. (No new features
before a 1.0 release)

We plan to have footnotes in the same way latex uses those, and we plan to
have some sort of endnotes.
But at the moment these are not supported well.

Because I am not really at home in the kind of documents which need that (I am
mainly a DTP man) I think it is always good to talk about how the
implementation would be best in KWord. So feel free to help us out here.