List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kivio problem
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-04-22 21:42:34

On Sunday 22 April 2001 16:28, you wrote:

> Strange, this is the wrong one.
> /opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkiviopart.so is supposed to be used instead
> (note the kde2/ subdir)

 So it might be a SuSE package problem?

> You did install the kivio from koffice-1.1, right ? Into /opt/kde2 ?
> If you have /opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkiviopart.so, try removing
> /opt/kde2/lib/libkiviopart*, but in theory this shouldn't be necessary....

 Dave, I ran your shell script and everything turned up fine.  Look:
planck@linux:~ > check_koffice_install.sh
Found: /opt/kde2/share/applnk/Office/kword.desktop... ok, this is a
KOfficePart
Native mimetype : X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kword

Service Types dir /home/planck/.kde2/share/servicetypes/
Service Types dir /opt/kde2/share/servicetypes/
Found /opt/kde2/share/servicetypes/kofficepart.desktop
[PropertyDef::X-KDE-NativeMimeType]

Everything looks ok
planck@linux:~ >
 So it looks like it installed correctly. Some of the people on the SuSE list
could not get the source rpms to work so I am betting that it was
mispackaged.

 On a positive note both Kspread and Killustrator work just great. I am
getting ready to redraw my Chemical symbols in the new Killustrator. I will
use layers this time.  Kformula works good too.
--
						Cheers,
						Jonathan