List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kivio problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-04-22 21:55:48

On Sunday 22 April 2001 22:42, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> On Sunday 22 April 2001 16:28, you wrote:
>
> > Strange, this is the wrong one.
> > /opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkiviopart.so is supposed to be used instead
> > (note the kde2/ subdir)
>
>  So it might be a SuSE package problem?

Maybe, maybe not.
Please use rpm -ql  (like "rpm -ql koffice | grep kiviopart" )
to see where kivio is getting installed to.

> > You did install the kivio from koffice-1.1, right ? Into /opt/kde2 ?
> > If you have /opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkiviopart.so, try removing
> > /opt/kde2/lib/libkiviopart*, but in theory this shouldn't be necessary....
>
>  Dave, I ran your shell script and everything turned up fine.  Look:

My shellscript only provides a way to debug the 'native mimetype not found'
error message. It doesn't guarantee a perfect experience with KOffice :)

Please try my advice and tell me if it helps.

>  So it looks like it installed correctly. Some of the people on the SuSE list
> could not get the source rpms to work so I am betting that it was
> mispackaged.

Kivio specifically ?

>  On a positive note both Kspread and Killustrator work just great. I am
> getting ready to redraw my Chemical symbols in the new Killustrator. I will
> use layers this time.  Kformula works good too.
Didn't test KWord ? :)