List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord filters
From:       Brett Monten <bmonten () adelaide ! on ! net>
Date:       2001-03-19 22:20:02

On Tuesday 20 March 2001 02:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> The filter documentation page is at: http://www.koffice.org/filters .
> BUT... filters are part of KOffice normally and should be distributed as
> such.
>
> In KWord's "Open" and "Save as" dialog boxes, does the "file type" combo
> box have only KWord as choice?

That's correct. All I get is Kword (.kwd) or "All file types (*.*)". If I
choose a ".doc", I get the error "Could not import file of type
application/msword".

> If the RPM you have has only KWord and not the complete KOffice, then there
> may be another RPM where you have found the first.
>
> What is your distribution?

I downloaded koffice-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm, which is 4.8mB, and am running it on
RH7.0 with KDE2.1. I tried it on my home PC, which has an earlier version of
KOffice running on KDE2.0, and the filters are there.

I realise the RPM I grabbed is probably just missing the fileters. I guess my
question is, can I download the fileters, or do I need to re-download and
reinstall the entire package ?

TIA,

Brett