List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Can't get kword to run
From:       Nicolas GOUTTE <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-02-22 10:46:17

I am not sure what your problems is but I will try to help you.

Could you test by starting KWord using the function key Alt-F2 in KDE
instead of in bash? Bash does not know how to handle KDE programs but KDE
itself knows how ;-)

Otherwise:
- The undefined symbol seems to indicate that libqt is not found. Does QT
have been installed correctly? (I suppose yes or KDE would not work at
all!)
- Does KDE in general works for you without problems?
- As your path is "/opt/kde2", I suppose that your are working with a
distribution (SuSE, Redhat... ) and not with a self-compiled version. Which
distribution? Which version of KDE is it? (2.01?)
- Is it perhaps a known bug of your distribution? Does a corrected version
of the package exist? (It may also be QT, kdesupport, kdelibs or kdebase!)

If you have compiled it yourself:
- Which version of KDE and KOffice?
- Which compiler? (Must be the same as QT and KDE were compiled with!)
- Try to make "make clean" on KOffice's source and re-compile KOffice.

I hope I could help you a little.