List:       koffice
Subject:    Can't get kword to run
From:       Paul Tremblay <phthenry () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-02-21 20:57:22

I have been trying for two weeks to get koffice (specifically Kword) to run,
but have had no luck. The kword "Menu" has installed on my menu, but when I
choose it, nothing happens. I then get use the bash shell and do the following:

paul@pthenry:~ > /opt/kde2/bin/kword
/opt/kde2/bin/kword: error in loading shared libraries: /opt/kde2/lib/libkdeui.so.3: \
undefined symbol: resizeEvent__6QLabelP12QResizeEvent paul@pthenry:~ >

I also get the same error when I type in "kword," or if I try to run kspread,
or any of the other koffice applications.

Any advice? I'm very frustrated, since I haven't yet gotten a word processor to
install, and that's what I mainly use my computer for.

Thanks in advance