List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: fonts on kword
From:       Mark <mhillary () onetel ! net ! uk>
Date:       2001-02-07 17:07:25

I am also having this problem too. THis problem (for me) affects the
whole of KDE. Most of the standard fonts can now be rendered correct (I
think it is due to install the nvidia drivers for my card, or updateding
to kde 2.1beta), it is fonts like symbol and other such fonts that end
up just looking like the kde standard font. This same fonts are fine in
non kde apps, i.e abiword. As I am doing math, physics and chemistry for
alevels, not been able to use such fonts in KDE is a major reason for
not using koffice. Along with not been able to insert symbols in to
formulas.

Another thing is that when printing all of the fonts look exactly the same.

My Setup
AMD K6-2 350Mhz
160Mb Ram
Gigabyte GA-5AX motherboard
Creative Lab's Nvidia Gefore2 GTS (using the nvidia 0.9-6 drivers)
Mandrake 7.2
Kde 2.1beta (updated using mandrakes rpms)
Qt 2.2.3 (updated using mandrakes rpms)
Cups 1.1.6 (updated using mandrakes rpms)

Mark Hillary
Registerd Linux User 200755