List:       koffice
Subject:    Fwd: Re: koffice translations!!!
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-27 11:45:46

>From: "Erik K. Pedersen" <epedersen@stny.rr.com>
>To: kde-i18n-doc@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de, "Thomas Diehl" <thd@kde.org>
>Subject: Re: koffice translations!!!
>Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:17:03 -0400

I did the translations yesterday. I know I have translated these before. Have
they been in kspread before, then taken out and put back in? Hyperbolic tangent
does not appear in any other po-file, but I know I have translated that before.
I used to have great expectations for koffice, but when I see the sloppy
messages in kspread I don't know what to think. They will have to be revised
again a lot of them, if only because of very poor English and spelling errors.

Den Wed, 27 Sep 2000 skrev Thomas Diehl:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:51:47 +0200, Tinkl Lukß wrote:
>
> >To whoever did it: you suck!
> >I finished *all* translations in Erlangen, but now the whole koffice PO
> >files are all screwed, only kspread has 167 fuzzy and 151 untranslated
> >messages, not to mention the other files. Is it really so hard to understand
> >that KDE has been frozen for new features and messages???
> >
> >Lukas Tinkl <lukas@kde.org>
>
> Well, this was yesterday. Todays statistics (for German) show 24 fuzzy
> and 299 (!) untranslated messages for KSpread alone while I personally
> have been translating the darn thing over and over again for months.
> Now multiply this with all the translators who are in the same
> situation. It amounts to thousands of new strings while I am
> expected to tell Matthias Hoelzer what translations are "ready for
> release" until tomorrow.
>
> Apart from KSpread there are dozens of such untranslated strings in the
> other packages. I really can't tell you how sick I am about how this
> so-called "message freeze" is handled.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas
>

> ---