List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword: all reading of files broken?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-06-26 22:43:16

Here is a bit more detail. My last cvs update before last night was some
time ago (a few weeks - not sure if there is a way I can tell?). I updates
kde-qt-addon, kdelibs, kdebase and koffice. Anyway, here is some log output:

koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::openFile - importedFile
/tmp/kword.1882036194.tmp
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadNativeFormat(
/tmp/kword.1882036194.tmp )
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::load( istream& in, KoStore* _store )
koffice (lib kofficecore): PATTERN2=<!DO
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: KoDocument::loadBinary not implemented

which I think means that we passed a test like this:

strncasecmp( buf, "<?xm", 4 )

in loadNativeFormat() just before failing a similar test in load(). Also,
note that the "<!DO" seems to be the tag just after the one of interest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE DOC >
<DOC author="Reginald Stadlbauer and Torben Weis" ...

	Thanks, Shaheed