List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Homepage
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 18:49:52

I already told Jost this, but if anyone else cares...

Jost Schenck [uzsnty@uni-bonn.de] wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2000, you wrote:
> > On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:55:49AM +0200, Gerrit Lahrmann wrote:
> > > That's what i mean, too. We have the fantastic software, but we could
> > > present it much better.
> >
> > Yeah, and then we get accused of doing 'vapourware marketing' by the slashdot
> > type of guy. (Seen that with the announce of www.konqueror.org)
> > which of course nobody says about gnome.org. :(
> >
> > You are right, of course. Forgive my ramblings. I just miss the good old
> > times of "show me the code". Now it's "show me an active website", or
> > I'll assume there's nothing interesting.
> >
> > Why does it take so long to set up a KOffice web server on sourceforge ?
> > Any input from those involved ?
>
> Jeremy said he has a version of the KOffice web page using SSI on his hdd, but
> he didn't get a sourceforge account by now, I think. We talked about that but I
> haven't heard from him since (maybe it's my turn and I missed something, if
> that's the case, sorry). BTW: any other person that want's to work on it, too,
> please get a SourceForge account and tell me.
>
> As soon as he has uploaded the SSI version of the web page, I'm willing to put
> some work into updating it again. But I don't really want to work much on the
> web page we're using now as I don't know how easy it'll be to transfer that
> into Jeremy's design. The problem is that I can certainly write down some
> content in HTML but I'm not a web designer :(

My home connection is lucky to get 500b/s the last months, and I'm too busy
at work to deal with it.  I can SSI the site later when I have bandwidth
again, it won't be a big deal as long as the headers/navigation/footers per
section stays similar between pages.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/