I already told Jost this, but if anyone else cares... Jost Schenck [uzsnty@uni-bonn.de] wrote: > On Tue, 30 May 2000, you wrote: > > On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:55:49AM +0200, Gerrit Lahrmann wrote: > > > That's what i mean, too. We have the fantastic software, but we could > > > present it much better. > > > > Yeah, and then we get accused of doing 'vapourware marketing' by the slashdot > > type of guy. (Seen that with the announce of www.konqueror.org) > > which of course nobody says about gnome.org. :( > > > > You are right, of course. Forgive my ramblings. I just miss the good old > > times of "show me the code". Now it's "show me an active website", or > > I'll assume there's nothing interesting. > > > > Why does it take so long to set up a KOffice web server on sourceforge ? > > Any input from those involved ? > > Jeremy said he has a version of the KOffice web page using SSI on his hdd, but > he didn't get a sourceforge account by now, I think. We talked about that but I > haven't heard from him since (maybe it's my turn and I missed something, if > that's the case, sorry). BTW: any other person that want's to work on it, too, > please get a SourceForge account and tell me. > > As soon as he has uploaded the SSI version of the web page, I'm willing to put > some work into updating it again. But I don't really want to work much on the > web page we're using now as I don't know how easy it'll be to transfer that > into Jeremy's design. The problem is that I can certainly write down some > content in HTML but I'm not a web designer :( My home connection is lucky to get 500b/s the last months, and I'm too busy at work to deal with it. I can SSI the site later when I have bandwidth again, it won't be a big deal as long as the headers/navigation/footers per section stays similar between pages. -- Jeremy Blosser | jblosser@firinn.org | http://jblosser.firinn.org/ -----------------+-------------------------+------------------------------ the crises posed a question / just beneath the skin the virtue in my veins replied / that quitters never win