List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KSBarIcon
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-30 4:35:38

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Okay, something needs to be determined with respect to KSBarIcon.  I
> removed all of the references to that with actions on 4/23.  The
> reason I did so is that all XML customization and toolbar editing and
> the like is *impossible* when you set the icon directly in the action
> instantiation.  The correct way is to just pass the name of the icon
> along and let the toolbar load it itself.

Duh! Sorry, but I didn't know this :(

> Now I got a report that the toolbar editor doesn't work (again) and so
> I checked and somebody had changed all those references BACK to
> KSBarIcon.  It looks like Werner did it on 5/10.

Hrmpf! The reason I did it, was that the icon stuff was broken when
embedding(!) an application. The icons where there when using the
app directly, though...

I'm really sorry, that I kind of reverted your changes - please tell
me the Correct Solution(tm) and I'll change it.

Another thing related to that: All the actions I can see in the
dialog are the ones defined in the view. At least graphite defines
actions in the part, but these don't show up in the toolbar editor.
Any idea? Everywhere else they seem to work fine after Simon has
changed some stuff...

> So what's going on?  Why are the actions using KSBarIcon again?  Am I
> missing something?

I'm going to test now, if it works with the names only (esp.
embedding :)

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com