List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KSBarIcon
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-30 5:56:19

Werner Trobin wrote:
> > Now I got a report that the toolbar editor doesn't work (again) and so
> > I checked and somebody had changed all those references BACK to
> > KSBarIcon.  It looks like Werner did it on 5/10.
>
> Hrmpf! The reason I did it, was that the icon stuff was broken when
> embedding(!) an application. The icons where there when using the
> app directly, though...
>
> I'm really sorry, that I kind of reverted your changes - please tell
> me the Correct Solution(tm) and I'll change it.

Argh.. you are right that it doesn't work embedded.  I had never tried
it embedded so I didn't notice that it doesn't work.

So what it comes down to is that using KSBarIcon is wrong and using
the icon name is right... but the icon loading code is wrong with
respect to which instance it uses.

My guess is that the actions are somehow getting the wrong instance to
use for loading the icons.  Now Simon fixed up the instance related
stuff in kaction and I thought that fixed everything but I was wrong.

I'll look into this a little more tomorrow.

> Another thing related to that: All the actions I can see in the
> dialog are the ones defined in the view. At least graphite defines
> actions in the part, but these don't show up in the toolbar editor.
> Any idea? Everywhere else they seem to work fine after Simon has
> changed some stuff...

The toolbar editor will show all actions that are defined AND have an
icon specified by name (not by QPixmap reference).  More then likely,
you are creating your graphite actions using *BarIcon?

> > So what's going on?  Why are the actions using KSBarIcon again?  Am I
> > missing something?
>
> I'm going to test now, if it works with the names only (esp.
> embedding :)

They don't... well, all actions that have app-specific icons don't
anyway :-(
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix