List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice file format version numbers?
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-05-21 19:28:23

On Sun, 21 May 2000, David Faure wrote:

| This is up to each application, in fact. If you want I'll do it in
| all other apps once you've done KWord ?

speaking of which, alas --

the outgoing html filter doesn't produce html that can be properly
read by anything else, including konqueror. things like hard returns
and intents simply don't appear. and tidy reports considerable, well,
untidiness on a kword document saved as html:

<quote>

Script started on Thu May 18 20:32:48 2000
bash-2.03$ tidy -m testdoc.html

Tidy (vers 13th January 2000) Parsing "testdoc.html"
line 2 column 1 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
line 3 column 1 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 3 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 4 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 6 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <font>
line 7 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <p>
line 8 column 1 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 8 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 9 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 11 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <font>
line 12 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <p>
line 13 column 1 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 13 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 14 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 15 column 2 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 15 column 2 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 16 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 17 column 2 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 17 column 2 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 18 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 19 column 2 - Error: <left> is not recognized!
line 19 column 2 - Warning: discarding unexpected <left>
line 20 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </left>
line 21 column 2 - Error: <left> is not recognized!

"testdoc.html" appears to be HTML proprietary
96 warnings/errors were found!

This document has errors that must be fixed before
using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.

You are recommended to use CSS to specify the font and
properties such as its size and color. This will reduce
the size of HTML files and make them easier maintain
compared with using <FONT> elements.

HTML & CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
To learn more about Tidy see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
Please send bug reports to Dave Raggett care of <html-tidy@w3.org>
Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium
bash-2.03$ exit
exit

Script done on Thu May 18 20:33:14 2000

</quote>

it actually was unable to complete its run. and this was just text,
no graphics at all, in fact, nothing even of a different font.

--
dep