List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice file format version numbers?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-21 17:23:52

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 06:20:12PM +0100, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> Before we release the first version of koffice, I'd like to suggest that we
> come up with some way to identify the syntax version used. For example, in
> Kword, the maindoc.xml file starts like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <DOC author="Reginald Stadlbauer and Torben Weis" email="reggie@kde.org and
> weis@kde.org" editor="KWord" mime="application/x-kword">
>
> If I understand correctly, the version number in the first tag is the XML
> version is use
Yes.

> what I'm suggesting is something for the document itself. It
> probably belongs in the second tag. Any comments?
Good idea. Hopefully we won't make incompatible changes in the document
format (and XML allows to add many things without breaking compatibility),
but you never know... :/

This is up to each application, in fact. If you want I'll do it in
all other apps once you've done KWord ?

http://home.clara.net/faure/