List:       koffice
Subject:    Koffice file format version numbers?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-05-21 17:21:17

Before we release the first version of koffice, I'd like to suggest that we
come up with some way to identify the syntax version used. For example, in
Kword, the maindoc.xml file starts like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DOC author="Reginald Stadlbauer and Torben Weis" email="reggie@kde.org and
weis@kde.org" editor="KWord" mime="application/x-kword">

If I understand correctly, the version number in the first tag is the XML
version is use; what I'm suggesting is something for the document itself. It
probably belongs in the second tag. Any comments?

	Thanks, Shaheed