List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Library Cleanup?
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-26 7:24:21

Slightly related I have to things in my mind regarding
libkofficecore/libkofficeui:

1) KoMainWindow is currently in kofficecore. However I get the impression
   that in somehow it belongs to kofficeui (IMHO)
   Two reasons:
    - it is a GUI class (it inherits KTMainWindow/QWidget (ktmainwindow ->
      kdeui)
    - I once thought of implementing a dialog for the koffice document
      property/info stuff (author, email, summary, company, etc.) .
      IMHO the code for launching it belongs to the shell -> KoMainWindow
      However that is impossible, as the dialog for configuring it would
      belong to kofficeui (-> cannot launch dialog from kofficecore ;-)

   OTOH KoDocument has keeps a reference to KoMainWindow, so it's a
   circular reference. (making a direct move to kofficeui impossible)

2) There is still one really nasty activation bug:
   Imaging a KSpread document and embedded in it another child document.
   Now activate the child document. This creates a frame around the
   embedded view. Now clicking on the frame area (which used to be drawn
   correctly but for some strange reason isn't anymore (you just see the
   changed mouse cursor) should not activate the parent document but
   keep the child document active while making it possible to move the
   child view by dragging the frame. This used to work, but for some
   reason it is broken. I tracked it down to the point that the frame
   QRegion in the KoDocumentChild does not seem to be calculated
   correctly. Therefore the frameRegion().contains( point ) call fails,
   KoDocumentChild::hitTest returns 0L (iirc) and the part document
   gets activated.

Any ideas? :)

Ciao,
 Simon