List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Strange error/problem with KLauncher/KSMServer
From:       Hans Spaans <cj.spaans () nexit ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-24 20:27:28

David Faure wrote:

> Yes, Chris just found the reason for this :
> you have to put an entry in /etc/hosts.

My /etc/hosts looks like:
127.0.0.1       localhost
212.115.168.50          sch01mw1.nexit.nl sch01w01

But it doesn't seem to work. The /etc/host.conf is good.

> We may be able to avoid requiring this in the future - but for now
> it should fix your problem.

Will it be fixed before the KDE2.0 release?

I have solved the problem for now by running a name-server on my laptop,
serving 127.0.0.1 and my own IP. And saw a typo in the zone-file,
localhost was 128.0.0.1. duhhh Okee its not a nice solution and not a
good solution for newbies/non-root users, but it works.

BTW I must say that KDE2 has improved a lot and specialy with KOffice
its now a great product.

Hans Spaans