List:       koffice
Subject:    Abiword/KWord cooperation
From:       Joaquín Cuenca Abela <cuenca () ie2 ! u-psud ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-18 13:03:54

Hi, I'm an Abiword developer, and I was thinking that Abiword and Kword
can cooperate in some areas, specially with the filters.

We have a word 6/7 (95)/8 (97)/9 (2000) import filter (James Montgomerie
has started to work in the export capacities recently) that maybe we can
share.  It's in a separate module (wv) of the cvs tree.  The word import
filter is the same one that can be found in mswordview.

It would be nice, too, if we add read/write support to our respective
formats.  We have the Abiword DTD at
<http://bur-jud-118-039.rh.uchicago.edu/abiword/abiword.dtd> (you can
find some test files in the abiword source tree).

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr