List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: starting kde1 and kde2
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-30 14:08:26

As I said in my kde1-and-kde2.txt file (but apparently not clearly
enough)

* if you are only user, you have to put the scripts in ~/bin/kde1 and ~/bin/kde2

* if you are also root (and want to configure kdm) then don't put them there,
put them in /etc/profile.d/kde1 and /etc/profile.d/kde2.

Then you can edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession and load those files.

You can't load the files from ~/bin because not all users can
read that directory, so better put the files in /etc/profile.d

Note that you can put them whereever you want ! It's just an example.
As long as Xsession points to them...

PS : ~/rc ???

--
David FAURE