List:       koffice
Subject:    starting kde1 and kde2
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-01-30 13:59:40

I am using Chris Molnars' binaries and trying to use David Faures
Dual boot scripts for KDE2 and 1. Kde2 exists /opt/kde2 and
qt-copy exists in /usr/src/kde/qt-copy.

In the scripts:
I altered ~/bin/kde2 to reflect where qt-copy exists

~/bin/kde1 and 2 plus ~/rc where written from /home/kantoine; correct ?
or should that have been from 'root'

addition to /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
)kde
source /etc/profile.d/kde1.........profile.d/kde1 does not exist was I
supposed to make it
if so what is supposed to be in that kde1 file, same for kde2.

Needless to say when trying to logon to either kde version from the gui
screen it comes up
and I select logon and type in passwd. It the goes to grey screen with
very small window
with obling and an okay button. Press ok and loop back to std logon
again. I can get into
kde from command line but kde2 returns 'do not have permissions', so i
have to alter the
permissions somewhere, but not sure where.

Any assist would be helpful as sucess seems to be so near.

--
Keith Antoine

Step X Step Installation Site: users.nf/linux
Mirror for usrs.nf/linux / www.eastwind.com.au/mirror.htm
Newbies FAQ Calder Lists: users.nf/linux/newbies
Australia : www.eastwind.com.au Kxicq 1511177 Ph: 61 7 33002161