As I said in my kde1-and-kde2.txt file (but apparently not clearly enough) * if you are only user, you have to put the scripts in ~/bin/kde1 and ~/bin/kde2 * if you are also root (and want to configure kdm) then don't put them there, put them in /etc/profile.d/kde1 and /etc/profile.d/kde2. Then you can edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession and load those files. You can't load the files from ~/bin because not all users can read that directory, so better put the files in /etc/profile.d Note that you can put them whereever you want ! It's just an example. As long as Xsession points to them... PS : ~/rc ??? On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:59:40PM +1000, Keith Antoine wrote: > I am using Chris Molnars' binaries and trying to use David Faures > Dual boot scripts for KDE2 and 1. Kde2 exists /opt/kde2 and > qt-copy exists in /usr/src/kde/qt-copy. > > In the scripts: > I altered ~/bin/kde2 to reflect where qt-copy exists > > ~/bin/kde1 and 2 plus ~/rc where written from /home/kantoine; correct ? > or should that have been from 'root' > > addition to /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession > )kde > source /etc/profile.d/kde1.........profile.d/kde1 does not exist was I > supposed to make it > if so what is supposed to be in that kde1 file, same for kde2. > > Needless to say when trying to logon to either kde version from the gui > screen it comes up > and I select logon and type in passwd. It the goes to grey screen with > very small window > with obling and an okay button. Press ok and loop back to std logon > again. I can get into > kde from command line but kde2 returns 'do not have permissions', so i > have to alter the > permissions somewhere, but not sure where. > > Any assist would be helpful as sucess seems to be so near. > > -- > Keith Antoine > > Step X Step Installation Site: users.nf/linux > Mirror for usrs.nf/linux / www.eastwind.com.au/mirror.htm > Newbies FAQ Calder Lists: users.nf/linux/newbies > Australia : www.eastwind.com.au Kxicq 1511177 Ph: 61 7 33002161 > -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today