List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: M$ Word filter?
From:       Vinodh <vinny () innomedia ! soft ! net>
Date:       1999-11-26 8:58:51

        I definitely agree that M$ WORD will be the yardstick , whether we like
it or not. I have made futile attempts to convert our office to Star Office ,
and that only sadly underscores the point that linux is still not ready for the
desktop , from users perspective. While KDE has gone a long way to bring linux
on the desktop , there is still a lot of work to be done. KOffice will
certainly do a hell lot of good in trying to persuade corporations.
        But we cant always be dictated by past , or else we wouldnt be having
linux itself isnt it. I guess the shift has to be slow , but we can set an
example by showing how wonderful this is. One common concern that I have come
across in whatever forums I preach linux is that of customer support. When a
company buys xyz product from so and so company , they know they can call up
that company to help them in case of trouble. Now will there be such an
authority for koffice?. I couldnt answer this question to my own satisfaction.

vinny

E-Mail: Vinodh <vinny@innomedia.soft.net>
Date: 26-Nov-99
Time: 14:06:48
And now for something completely the same.