List:       koffice
Subject:    Feature request for (new) KParts
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-11-25 20:13:04

Hi!

I would be superb if someone could add a feature to the new KParts:

Situation now: I embed a part and (normally) get and empty
document (except I open a document in the template choose
dia which is available in some parts).
Wishful thinking: I embed a part and have the opportunity
to open a document in that part.

Some possibilities:
- Add an entry to the File menu (e.g. Open Document in Part...)
  (might be misleading for users)
- Provide this function via the context menu (RMB)
- Add a whole menu ("Active Part" or something like that) which
  consists of entries like "<part> Help", "About <part>",
  "Open Document in Part...", and so on. The triggered actions
  will be delivered to the part which is active at the moment.

In case you think this might be irritating for users please
consider at least a possibility like the template dia for each
part.
It's really cool if many people can work on a huge document
(e.g. one draws something, one writes the text, one creates the
spreadsheets,...) at the same time and one is able to assemble
it in the end.[1]

Werner

[1] According to Murphy's Law the different pieces of work won't
fit as we all know, but IHMO it's a nice feature nonetheless :)