List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: M$ Word filter?
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-11-25 21:24:45

Wilke Havinga wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I was just wondering whether there already exists a MS-Word97->KWord
> converter. Is someone working on this, or has someone been working on it?
>
> KWord really kicks ass, but for many people (e.g. me) it would be no use
> if it can't read MS docs.
>
> So, I'd like to know if someone is working on it, maybe I can help. I've
> already got the specs of the MS Word-format, does something like that
> exist for KWord?
>
> There already exists a MSWord->HTML converter (mswordview, see
> http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/MSWordView.html), maybe it can
> be edited to write KWord-files? It is GPL'ed at least, a good starting
> point :-)

All the koffice stuff is ALPHA and no way is it finished, I am led to
believe from their list that the kword will read word docs, when its
released

--
Regards
Keith

Keith Antoine     | Eastwind Internet Services 07 3300 2161
18 Arkana St      | Internet Service Providor and Web Hosting
The Gap           | kantoine@eastwind.com.au
--http://www.eastwind.com.au
Queensland 4061   | Rtd Electronics Engineer & Brisbanes' Geriatric ISP
Australia         | System run by Caldera OpenLinux 2.2:  The only way
to fly!