List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: M$ Word filter?
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-11-25 18:53:28

Wilke Havinga wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I was just wondering whether there already exists a MS-Word97->KWord
> converter. Is someone working on this, or has someone been working on it?

The framework is done, but at the moment I'm at the army (grrr...) and
therefore my time is really limited :(

> KWord really kicks ass, but for many people (e.g. me) it would be no use
> if it can't read MS docs.
>
> So, I'd like to know if someone is working on it, maybe I can help. I've
> already got the specs of the MS Word-format, does something like that
> exist for KWord?

Sort of...although it's not totally correct since Reggie improves KWord
faster than I can write down the changes :)

> There already exists a MSWord->HTML converter (mswordview, see
> http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/MSWordView.html), maybe it can
> be edited to write KWord-files? It is GPL'ed at least, a good starting
> point :-)

Sigh - a C Nightmare :) I really tried to find my way through the code,
but at a certain point I decided not to use *that* as a starting point :)

Werner

P.S. Please contact me via private mail if you want to help me.