List:       koffice
Subject:    M$ Word filter?
From:       Wilke Havinga <w.k.havinga () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-11-25 14:31:10

Hello guys,

I was just wondering whether there already exists a MS-Word97->KWord
converter. Is someone working on this, or has someone been working on it?

KWord really kicks ass, but for many people (e.g. me) it would be no use
if it can't read MS docs.

So, I'd like to know if someone is working on it, maybe I can help. I've
already got the specs of the MS Word-format, does something like that
exist for KWord?

There already exists a MSWord->HTML converter (mswordview, see
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/MSWordView.html), maybe it can
be edited to write KWord-files? It is GPL'ed at least, a good starting
point :-)

Any help appreciated,

Wilke Havinga