List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: How can I help?
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-11-21 22:10:47

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Abdallah Deeb wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Abdallah Deeb, I am a consultant and a programmer in
> Lebanon. Along with some friends I am starting a Linux Arabization
> project that would mean some real work done mostly in the universities
> we belong to. We'll be using the next release from GTK+ that's supposed
> to support UNICODE. Mostly our plans are just beginning to form now, but
> helping the development of an office suite like yours would be a great
> boost.
> As I already said this is all volunteer work, and we'd really like to help out. \
> This way maybe we can have a working Arabic version of KOffice along with the \
> English or otherwise Latin based release ...  Please do contact us asap...

Please be aware that KOffice uses Qt-2.x instead of GTK+.
Qt-2.x already supports unicode since a while.

I expext most work has to be done to support right to left writing in
KOffice in order to support languages like Arabic and Hebrew.

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.