This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text, while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools. Send mail to mime@docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF3479.078AFE60 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=windows-1256 Content-ID: On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Abdallah Deeb wrote: > Hello, > My name is Abdallah Deeb, I am a consultant and a programmer in > Lebanon. Along with some friends I am starting a Linux Arabization > project that would mean some real work done mostly in the universities > we belong to. We'll be using the next release from GTK+ that's supposed > to support UNICODE. Mostly our plans are just beginning to form now, but > helping the development of an office suite like yours would be a great > boost. > As I already said this is all volunteer work, and we'd really like to help out. This way maybe we can have a working Arabic version of KOffice along with the English or otherwise Latin based release ... > Please do contact us asap... Please be aware that KOffice uses Qt-2.x instead of GTK+. Qt-2.x already supports unicode since a while. I expext most work has to be done to support right to left writing in KOffice in order to support languages like Arabic and Hebrew. Yours, -- martin // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany // KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF3479.078AFE60--