List:       koffice
Subject:    koffice installation for an old guy
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-09-30 21:10:34

>Since four days, i try to install KDE2/Koffice and I begin to see the
end>of the tunnel... >kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and koffice have been

>compiled and installed in /usr/local/Koffice. But when i start the new
KDE,
>i have a lot of error messages (application, kde1.xpm missing, etc...)

I am anxious to see for myself what koffice, is/lookslike etc, but am
put off by the likes of the above. I have been lurking and watching the
comments/opinions hoping that someone may say "it installs", however it
seems that its not that simple. I have a good 'working' knowledege as an
ISP using slackware for 5 years and now Caldera for 6 months. I can say
I am not game to try not being a programmer/developer, after seeing what
it takes to get it running.

Question: when is it forseen that it will be able to be 'normally'
installed by a 'user', without having to grapple with it for hours and
hours ????? I am not young and find it hard to learn new tricks at my
time of life.

--
Regards
Keith

Keith Antoine          | Eastwind Internet Services 07 3300 2161
18 Arkana St           | Internet Service Providor and Web Hosting
The Gap                | kantoine@eastwind.com.au
--http://www.eastwind.com.au
Queensland 4061        | Rtd Electronics Engineer & Brisbanes' Geriatric
ISP
Australia              | System run by Caldera OpenLinux 2.2:  The only
way to fly!