List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Embedding
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-09-15 4:06:18

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:

> ... will be my next task, of course.
> Something I noticed is that the way the user can embed objects from
> another koffice apps is VERY different from one app to another.
> I think this should made consistent.
> kspread has a submenu in "Edit", and tells about objects
> kpresenter has common ones + "Objects" in the Tools menu
>   (is a KWord doc a tool ? :)
> kword tells about creating Frames, has the common ones and the generic one
> is called "Parts".
>
> This is not dumb criticism, because I am also going to change it :)
> I'd just like to know which way is preferred.
> (I dislike kspread's submenu, so I would rather go for the kpresenter way,
> but I'd prefer the "Insert" menu rather than the "Tools" menu)
> Opinions ?

Opinion? Excellent!! :-) "Insert" makes more user sense.

> (I'm posting this now in order to let some time to reach a decision.
> Meanwhile, I'll try to actually fix embedding :))

While using KPresenter extensively lately, I learned to love KOffice even
more than kwm/kpanel/multihead :-) On thing I largely hate about ms office
is the *high* inconsistency of look and feel among members apps.

Hey, don't look at me like this. Just try to format the indenting (using
the ruler bar) in ms word and in ms powerpoint and you'll understand what
I mean.

What is the chance/feasability to make 90% of KOffice functionality a
library tool, thus common to all apps?

Thanks

Cristian