List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem: Close & Exit
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-09-12 20:34:45

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999, Troy Unrau sent some bits over the net composing to the following:
>o1o  Espen Sand is attempting to implement a tabbed document bar that sits
>right above the actual document workspace.  These tabs would contain the
>names of the open documents and could be switched between by clicking on the
>tabs.  The tab bar could also be disabled through the view menu and one
>could switch documents through the "Window" menu.  I'm not sure what the
>menu is called, but it was something to that extent.  I am also not sure if
>this implementation is completed yet, but he was to test it in KHexEdit.

Has my vote, too! Very nice indeed (see webmaker). BUT: In webmaker I do not
like that one can press "close" unlimited times and there will always poput an
"untitled" doc. (At least last time I compiled it ;-) ) In order to prevent it
from a "no document" state and to flicker / do nonsense, the "close" should be
disabled in favour of "quit"/"exit" when there's only one doc open. (Just my
0.02 Euro...)

--

Ciao,
   /  /